Hank McGregor and Lee Furby got off to a strong start at the Dolphin Coast Challenge as they won the first day of the event, which took place in Durban today.
They finished the 42km route in 2:03:44 and were followed by Steve Woods and Luke Nisbet (2:04:44) and Gene Prato and Bailey du Fondaumiere (2:04:18).
Jenna Ward and Sabina Lawrie were the only women’s team to enter and they finished in 2:23:38.
The final winner will be decided after tomorrow’s racing.
Day one results
1. Hank McGregor, Lee Furby 2:03:44
2. Steve Woods, Luke Nisbet 2:04:04
3. Gene Prato, Bailey du Fondaumiere 2:04:18
4. Tyron Maher, Clinton Cook 2:04:47
5. Thomas Lovemore, Wade Krieger 2:05:33
1. Jenna Ward, Sabina Lawrie 2:23:38