Luke Nisbet and Steve Woods won the overall men’s doubles Pete Marlin Surfski Race, which hosts the SA Surfski Championships, at Nahoon Beach in East London today.
The KwaZulu-Natal pair finished just two and a half seconds before fellow KZN counterparts Wade Krieger and Matthew Bouman who placed second. Eastern Cape’s Matthew Tebbut and Bevan Manson rounded out the podium at third.
Out of only six mixed category teams, EC’s Heinrich van Rooyen and Cloe Bunnett crossed the finish first. KZN’s Nikki Russell and Kyeta Purchase finished first out of only four female category teams.
All provisional results:
1. Luke Nisbet, Steve Woods (KZN) 1:12:09:17
2. Wade Krieger, Matthew Bouman (KZN) 1:12:11:55
3. Matthew Tebbut, Bevan Manson (EC) 1:13:12:79
4. Tyron Maher, Kyle Friedenstein (KZN, EC) 1:13:24:01
5. Luke McNish, Greg Louw (EC) 1:14:04:30
1. Heinrich van Rooyen, Cloe Bunnett (EC) 1:19:43:02
2. Andre Wood, Zara Wood (EC) 1:26:32:74
3. Gene Prato, Sarah Land (KZN) 1:28:12:31
4. Keith Flemmer, Anna Clifford Arwidi (Gauteng) 1:31:29:41
5. Shane Roach, Joy Roach (EC) 1:31:54:54
1. Nikki Russell, Kyeta Purchase (KZN) 1:22:09:40
2. Kirsten Scott, Melanie van Niekerk (EC, WP) 1:30:33:47
3. Candice Murray, Paula Franklin (EC) 1:33:17:92
*To be updated