Zimbabwe’s Betha Chikanga won the SPAR Women’s Challenge at the Kings Park Stadium in Durban, today.
The Maxed runner led from start to finish and competed the 10km course in a time of 33:07. Boxer’s Glenrose Xaba placed second in 33:27, with KPMG’s Nolene Conrad third in 33:43.
“It’s the first time I’ve been in the top three in a SPAR race, and I’m planning to run the last three races,” said Chikanga.
Xaba is now leading the SPAR Grand Prix standings, with KPMG’s Kesa Molotsane in second.
The next race takes place in Pretoria on August 4.
View more results below.
1. Betha Chikanga (Maxed) 33:07
2. Glenrose Xaba (Boxer) 33:27
3. Nolene Conrad (KPMG) 33:43
4. Rudo Mhonderwa (Nedbank) 33:53
5. Rutendo Nyahora (Nedbank) 34:07
6. Kesa Molotsane (KPMG) 34:15
7. Diana-Lebo Phalula (Boxer) 34:37
8. Zintle Xiniwe (KPMG) 34:56
9. Lebogang Phalula (Boxer) 34:59
10. Cherise Sims (Boxer) 35:09