Boxer’s Glenrose Xaba claimed her first SPAR Women’s Challenge title at the Supersport Park in Pretoria today.
She completed the 10km route in a time of 33:56.
Nedbank’s Rutendo Nyahora was second in a time of 34:24, with Kesa Molotsane, of KPMG, third in 34:47.
Irvette van Zyl finished fourth in 34:56, while Susy Chemaimak claimed fifth.
“I came into the race with a lot of confidence after winning the Totalsports 10km last month,” said Xaba.
“I decided I was going to run my own race and run it fast. I wasn’t too worried about Kesa, because I knew I was faster on the hills than she is, and this is quite a hilly course.”
View more results below.
1. Glenrose Xaba (Boxer) 33:56
2. Rutendo Nyahora (Nedbank) 34:24
3. Kesa Molotsane (KPMG) 34:47
4. Irvette van Zyl (Nedbank) 34:56
5. Susy Chemaimak (Nedbank) 35:34
6. Rudo Mhonderwa (Nedbank) 36:17
7. Cornelia Joubert (Boxer) 36:29
8. Caroline Mhondu (Maxed Elite) 36:40
9. Mapaseka Makhanya (Massmart) 36:43
10. Portia Ngwenya (Nedbank) 36:46